We, at "Gyanshetra Information Services Private Limited” (hereinafter 'Gyanshetra', are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any "Personal Information" you share with us. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using any of our websites, applications, online products etc. (hereinafter ‘Platforms’), then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The types of Personal Information that we collect and hold.
We may collect the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Contact information such as email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as residential address, postcode, preferences and interests and Education history, achievements and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, and registrations to our events and products.
How we collect Information collection
We collect information about you or your usage to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Many of our services require you to register/sign up for an account on Gyanshetra.com. When you do, we will ask for personal information, such as, but not limited to your name, email address and telephone number to create/update your account.
- To provide you additional services, we may collect your profile information such as, but not limited to education background, work experience, date of birth.
- We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them such as, but not limited to log information and location information.
- We may collect your personal information such as but not limited to bank details, passport details to assist for study abroad program which includes services like Letter of recommendation, student profile and student visa.
- When you communicate with Gyanshetra.com or its Application or use the Gyanshetra.com platform to communicate with other Members (such as advertisers, colleges/ institutes, etc.), we collect information about your communication and any other additional information you choose to provide.
Processing personal information
Gyanshetra.com may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Send alerts and newsletter(s) to you (Provided you subscribe to the same. To unsubscribe, please visit your account settings)
- Improving our website and its content to provide better features and services
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions.
- Preventing, detecting, investigating and prosecuting crimes (including but not limited to fraud and other financial crimes) in any jurisdiction, identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
- We, at Gyanshetra.com, are utilizing the cookies and other tracking technologies to manage the session on our website/mobile app and recognize the user’s or visitor’s account information and other activities.
- Let to inform the users that “Cookies” are the small text file. Cookies/tracking technologies allows to save the personal information like your name, your account (not password), your feedback, your data what you have submitted on our website and your IP address.
- We just temporarily hold the details of your activities on our website for session management. Neither we have cookies to save your password nor provide this information to any third party.
- You can configure your browser to reject or accept these cookies. If you configure and apply any of your choice, you can still use our website.
Privacy of Users below 13 Years of Age
The website is not designed to attract the users below 13 years and thus the company do not intends to keep data of the users below the specified age. We will delete the information as soon as we find any such kind of information.
Third Party Services
Third parties provide certain services available on Gyanshetra.com. Gyanshetra.com may provide information, including Personal Information, that ‘Gyanshetra.com collects on the Web to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which it maintains its Web site and mailing lists. We do not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties unless such transfer is required for providing relevant services or for purposes legal purposes.
We make no representations or warranties regarding how your information is stored or used on third-party servers. We recommend that you review the privacy statement of each third-party site linked from Our Site to determine their use of your personal information.
Log files, IP Addresses and Information about your Computer and Mobile Device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit our platforms we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going to when you leave our platforms.
Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on our platforms. Gyanshetra also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer, your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system (if you are accessing our platforms using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier.
Rights to access correct and eliminate information about you
You have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to Gyanshetra. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy.
Gyanshetra will retain your information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this Agreement.
What we do with the Information Sharing
We restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to know/or that information in order to fulfill their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our products or services.
Gyanshetra.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except:
- to provide products or services you've requested,
- when we have your permission,
Links to Other platforms
Our platforms may contain links to other platforms of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our platform, you should note that we do not have any control over that other platform. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such platforms and such platforms are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the platform in question.
How individuals can access and correct their Personal Information held by us?
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
As a User, you have certain obligations to other Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly
- You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of Gyanshetra and its community of Users.
- You must not provide to Gyanshetra and/or other Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
- You must keep your password confidential and not share it with others.
Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at the sole discretion of Gyanshetra.
We believe that, every user of our Application/Services/products/Website must be in a position to provide an informed consent prior to providing any Information required for the use of the Application/Services/products/Website. By registering with us, you are expressly consenting to our collection, processing, storing, disclosing and handling of your information as set forth in this Policy now and as amended by us. Processing, your information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining, sharing, transferring and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in India. If you reside outside India your information will be transferred, processed and stored in accordance with the applicable data protection laws of India.
Gyanshetra reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. Changes to our policy will be updated on our platforms only. You should check our policy from time to time to ensure that you are aware of the modifications. This policy was last updated on 07th February November 2019.
Gyanshetra Information Services Private Limited does not store or keep credit card data in a location that is accessible via the Internet. Once a credit card transaction has been completed, all credit card data is moved off-line only to ensure that the data/credit card information received is not accessible to anyone after completion of the on-line transaction and to ensure the maximum security. Gyanshetra Information Services Private Limited uses the maximum care as is possible to ensure that all or any data / information in respect of electronic transfer of money does not fall in the wrong hands.
Gyanshetra shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the user's account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise.
How to Contact Us
Gyanshetra Information Services Private Limited
F-20 B, 3RD FLOOR, SINGLE STOREY
VIJAYNAGAR, OPP NDPL OFFICE
New Delhi -110009
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small pieces of text stored by a website you visit in your browser and subsequently sent by your web browser in every request to the website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Site or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Site more useful to you. Essentially, cookies are a user’s identification card for the Gyanshetra.com servers. Cookies allow Gyanshetra.com to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience on our site. Web beacons, tags and scripts may be used in the Websites or in emails to help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may analyze or perform analysis based on the use of these technologies and generate reports on an individual and aggregated basis.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return to Gyanshetra.com or interact with our services without signing in again. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by Gyanshetra.com when you return to one of our sites or a partner site that uses our services. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
What are cookies used for?
Each cookie falls within one of the four following categories:
1. Essential Cookies
Essential cookies (First Party Cookies) are sometimes called “strictly necessary” as without them we cannot provide many services that you need on the Website. For example, essential cookies help remember your preferences as you move around the Website. Essential cookies also keep you logged in into a website. Without them the login functionality would not work.
2. Analytics Cookies
These cookies track information about visits to the Gyanshetra.com and partner (college/university websites) websites so that we can make improvements and report our performance. For example: analyze visitor and user behavior so as to provide more relevant content or suggest certain activities. They collect information about how visitors use the Websites, which site the user came from, the number of each user’s visits and how long a user stays on the Websites. We might also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages, or features to see how users react to them.
3. Functionality or Preference Cookies
During your visit to the Websites, cookies are used to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language or your region) on the Websites. They also store your preferences when personalizing the Websites to optimize your use of Gyanshetra.com. These preferences are remembered, through the use of the persistent cookies, and the next time you visit the Websites you will not have to set them again.
4. Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These Cookies are placed by third party advertising platforms or networks in order to, deliver ads and track ad performance, enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities (this is sometimes called “behavioral” “tracking” or “targeted” advertising) on the Websites. They may subsequently use information about your visit to target you with advertising that you may be interested in, on Gyanshetra.com websites or other websites. For example, these cookies remember which browsers have visited the websites.
When does Gyanshetra.com place cookies?
Gyanshetra.com may also have some cookies for its own analytics i.e. analytics not part of Google Analytics. Such cookies help generate statistics and reports about visitors and their activities on the website or app.
How to control cookies?
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you choose to turn off these cookies, you will still see advertising on the internet but it may not be tailored to your interests. It does not mean that you won't be served any advertisements whilst you are online. Whilst we have mentioned most of the third parties involved in using targeting or advertising cookies in the preceding section (section g) , the list is not exhaustive and is subject to change. Therefore, even if you choose to turn off all the third party cookies listed in section (section g), you may still receive some tailored advertisements and recommendations.
There are a number of ways you can manage what cookies are set on your devices. Essential cookies, however, cannot be disabled. If you do not allow certain cookies to be installed, the website may not be accessible to you and/or the performance, features, or services of the website may be compromised.
You can also manage this type of cookie in the privacy settings on the web browser you are using. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our or others' websites. Please see below for more information.
Changing your Cookie Settings: The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari