National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test NEET – PG 2019
- NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section 10 (D) of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses.
- NEET is mandatory even for foreign nationals seeking admission in medical courses in India.
SCOPE OF NEET-PG 2019
NEET-PG 2019 shall be the only single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to Postgraduate MD/MS/Diploma Courses for the academic session 2019 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats (all States except Jammu & Kashmir)
- State quota seats. (including the state of Jammu & Kashmir)
- All Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad specialty courses.
The following Medical institutions are not covered by centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET- PG for 2019 session:
- AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
ABOUT NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS (NBE)
The Government of India established the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in 1975 with the objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on All India Basis and utilizing existing healthcare infrastructure for capacity building. The prime objectives of NBE is to elevate the standards of post graduate medical education in modern medicine and conducting examinations of high standard on an all India basis. NBE provides a common national standard for evaluation of minimum level of attainment of the knowledge and competencies of post graduate and post doctoral training. NBE conducts the following examinations on an All India basis on Computer Based Platform:
|SI. No.||NAME OF EXAM||REMARKS|
|1||DNB PD CET||Ranking examination for entry to various post diploma DNB courses|
|2||FMGE (SCREENING TEST)||Conducted as per Screening Test Regulations, 2002.|
|3||NEET-PG||For admission to all MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses|
|4||NEET-SS||For admission to all Super Specialty (DM/MCh) Courses|
|5||NEET-MDS||For admission to all MDS Courses|
The online submission of application form for NEET-PG 2019 begins on 2nd November, 2018 to 22nd November, 2018 from 06:00 PM onwards. Online applications can be accessed and completed till 11:55 PM on 22nd November, 2018
|1||Availability of Information Bulletin||2nd November, 2018 onwards|
|2||Online submission of application form||2nd November - 22nd November, 2018|
|3||Examination Date||6th January, 2019|
|4||Declaration of Results||By 31st January, 2019|
Submission of application form for appearing in the NEET-PG 2019 is to be undertaken online at the website www.nbe.edu.in.
Application forms CANNOT be submitted offline / printed copy by post.
The prescribed exam fee of Rs. 2750/- (for SC/ST/PWD(PH) candidates) and Rs. 3750/- (for General/OBC candidates) should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through Internet banking. For more information, please visit the website www.nbe.edu.in
The Cutoff Date for completion of internship towards determination of eligibility for appearing in NEET-PG 2019 shall be 31st March 2019.