National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test NEET – PG 2019
- NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section 10 (D) of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses.
- NEET is mandatory even for foreign nationals seeking admission in medical courses in India.
SCOPE OF NEET-PG 2019
NEET-PG 2019 shall be the only single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to Postgraduate MD/MS/Diploma Courses for the academic session 2019 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats (all States except Jammu & Kashmir)
- State quota seats. (including the state of Jammu & Kashmir)
- All Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad specialty courses.
The following Medical institutions are not covered by centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET- PG for 2019 session:
- AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
ABOUT NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS (NBE)
The Government of India established the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in 1975 with the objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on All India Basis and utilizing existing healthcare infrastructure for capacity building. The prime objectives of NBE is to elevate the standards of post graduate medical education in modern medicine and conducting examinations of high standard on an all India basis. NBE provides a common national standard for evaluation of minimum level of attainment of the knowledge and competencies of post graduate and post doctoral training. NBE conducts the following examinations on an All India basis on Computer Based Platform:
|SI. No.||NAME OF EXAM||REMARKS|
|1||DNB PD CET||Ranking examination for entry to various post diploma DNB courses|
|2||FMGE (SCREENING TEST)||Conducted as per Screening Test Regulations, 2002.|
|3||NEET-PG||For admission to all MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses|
|4||NEET-SS||For admission to all Super Specialty (DM/MCh) Courses|
|5||NEET-MDS||For admission to all MDS Courses|
The online submission of application form for NEET-PG 2019 begins on 2nd November, 2018 to 22nd November, 2018 from 06:00 PM onwards. Online applications can be accessed and completed till 11:55 PM on 22nd November, 2018
|1||Availability of Information Bulletin||2nd November, 2018 onwards|
|2||Online submission of application form||2nd November - 22nd November, 2018|
|3||Examination Date||6th January, 2019|
|4||Declaration of Results||By 31st January, 2019|
Submission of application form for appearing in the NEET-PG 2019 is to be undertaken online at the website www.nbe.edu.in.
Application forms CANNOT be submitted offline / printed copy by post.
The prescribed exam fee of Rs. 2750/- (for SC/ST/PWD(PH) candidates) and Rs. 3750/- (for General/OBC candidates) should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through Internet banking. For more information, please visit the website www.nbe.edu.in
The Cutoff Date for completion of internship towards determination of eligibility for appearing in NEET-PG 2019 shall be 31st March 2019.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NEET-PG 2019
- Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March 2019, may apply for NEET-PG 2019 through online application system at website www.nbe.edu.in
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ALL INDIA 50% QUOTA SEATS The eligibility criteria for All India 50% quota seats.
Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical College in Jammu & Kashmir. The affidavit is to be sent to the following address along with the print out of the acknowledgement of online application form for NEET- PG 2019 latest by 30th November 2018.
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029
Candidates who have done their MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit as indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counseling.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN MEDICAL GRADUATES
Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) which is conducted by National Board of Examinations. Further, they should have been registered with MCI/SMC and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 31st March 2019.
Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day
- ) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS IN NEET-PG 2019.
- It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with MCI at the time of writing NEET-PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-PG without MCI registration. The Medical Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postgraduate studies. Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his Basic Medical qualification, and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.”
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-PG 2019 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counseling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-PG 2019, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
- Requests for appearing in NEET-PG 2019 from candidates completing internship after 31st March 2019 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
The cutoff date for completion of internship towards determination of eligibility for appearing in NEET-PG 2019 shall be 31st March 2019.
- Appearing in NEET-PG does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at medical institute /college for MD/MS or PG Diploma Courses.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship in the application form (i.e. internship starting and completion date) shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted Medical College/Institute.
- The cut off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges, from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2019 will be as prescribed by MCI. The Colleges recognized after the cut- off date prescribed by MCI will not be considered.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished by the candidates on the day of examination and at the time of counseling/admission.
- Some of the Universities/Institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota/State quota seats may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard. NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are refused for admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
- A candidate can submit his/her online application form and appear for NEET-PG 2019 only once for admission to the academic year 2019-2020. Candidates submitting multiple application form will not be allowed to appear in NEET-PG.
- The definition of NRI for admission to deemed university shall be as per Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 22/08/2017 in WP 689/2017.
1. What Is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test–MDS [NEET (MDS) – 2021]?
NEET-MDS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MDS Courses under Dentists Act, 1948 (amended from time to time). No other entrance examination, either at the state or the Institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS courses. Qualifying NEET-MDS is mandatory for entry to MDS courses under various Universities/ Institutions in the country.
2. What are the different types of seat distribution in the medical colleges through NEET MDS – 2021?
- All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses (all states)
- State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/Union territories of India.
- MDS courses at all Private Dental Colleges, Institutions & Universities all across the country
- MDS courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- Screening exam for dental surgeons (BDS & MDS) for Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps
The following Dental institution(s) are not covered for admission to MDS courses through NEET-MDS for 2021 admission session:
a) AIIMS, New Delhi
3. Who will conduct the admission process after the NEET MDS – 2021 examination?
The Counselling for successful candidates under 50% All India Quota seats and all seats of Deemed Universities/Central Universities will be conducted by the MCC/DGHS for Postgraduate Dental Courses. The counselling for admission to the seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.
4. Who will be responsible to define the rules and counseling process after NEET MDS - 2021?
All States/Central government authorities will be responsible to define their own eligibility criteria and admission policy for the admission process.
5. What is the role of NBE?
The role of NBE is limited to the conduct of NEET-MDS, declaration of the result and handing over the result to the designated counseling authority. Verification of documents and eligibility determination of the candidates shall be undertaken at the time of counseling/admission process
6. Which website should one follow to get information related to NEET MDS – 2021?
The official website is https://nbe.edu.in/ and https://natboard.edu.in/ for NEET MDS – 2021. Students and Parents must follow only this website for information related to NEET MDS – 2021 examination.
7. How Long Will The Result Of NEET (MDS) - 2021 Be Valid?
The result of successful candidates of NEET (MDS) - 2021 is valid for the academic session 2021-22 only.
8. Can Anyone Submit More Than One Application For NEET (MDS) – 2021?
A candidate can submit NEET-MDS 2021 application form only once. Any candidate found to have submitted more than one application form for NEET-MDS 2021 may be debarred from NEET-MDS, his/her candidature may be cancelled and further action as deemed appropriate by NBE shall be taken.
9. Can Anyone Cancel The Application Submitted For NEET (MDS) - 2021?
Online Application forms once submitted successfully cannot be cancelled/ withdrawn.
10. Can A Centre Be Allotted By The NBE Manually?
No. Centre allocation is made through computer with no human intervention.
11. Is There Any Seat In MDS On Which Admission Will Be Made Without Appearing In NEET (MDS) – 2021?
12. What Is The Reservation Criteria For Seats Falling Under The Jurisdiction Of States?
It is as per State Reservation Policy of the concerned State
13. How Will The Merit List Be Prepared By The States?
States will prepare their own merit list based on All India Rank keeping in view the category of candidates
14. Which website should one follow to get information related to All India Quota 50% (AIQ 50%) admission process through NEET MDS – 2021?
The official website is mcc.nic.in to get information related to All India Quota 50% (AIQ 50%). Students and Parents must follow only this website for information related to All India Quota 50% (AIQ 50%) admission process through NEET MDS – 2021.
15. Which website should one follow to get information related to Deemed & Central universities admission process through NEET MDS – 2021?
The official website is mcc.nic.in to get information related to All India Quota 50% (AIQ 50%). Students and Parents must follow only this website for information related to Deemed & Central universities admission process through NEET MDS – 2021.
16. Which website should one follow to get information related to various State admission process through NEET MDS – 2021?
ANDHRA PRADESH: http://ntruhs.ap.nic.in/index.html
HIMACHAL PRADESH: http://www.hp.gov.in/hpdmer/
JAMMU & KASHMIR: http://www.jakbopee.org/
MADHYA PRADESH: https://dme.mponline.gov.in/Portal/Services/DMEMP/DMEhome.aspx
TAMIL NADU: https://tnmedicalselection.net/
UTTAR PRADESH: http://www.updgme.in/
WEST BENGAL: https://wbmcc.nic.in/